The Lingzi Foundation is proud to be an official charity partner of the Boston Marathon®
Run the 128th Boston Marathon® presented by Bank of America with Team Lingzi!
Each year the Foundation supports a team of runners, known as Team Lingzi, as they train for the Boston Marathon; these runners carry Lingzi’s light with them from Hopkinton to Boylston Street in her memory on race day and the funds they raise directly support multiple Boston-area organizations.
If you are interested in applying, you must be able to meet the following criteria:
For runners in need of an entry/bib into the race:
- Commit to raising $8,500 USD if selected
- Pay a $375 race entry fee to the Boston Athletic Association in January.
For runners with their own race entry bib either Qualified or invitational:
- Commit to raising $3,000 USD if selected
Benefits of joining Team Lingzi, you will gain access to:
- Guaranteed entry into the Boston Marathon through raising a minimum of $8,500
- BYOB – Bring your own bib. Runners who have their own bib for the Boston Marathon can also run on our team for a fundraising minimum of $3,000. Apply below and select you have your own bib.
- A personalized fundraising page through GivenGain.com and tips to help you reach your goal.
- Helpful resources such as email templates, sponsorship materials, and social media tools
- Fundraising support through CharityTeams and our nonprofit.
- Training Support: Access to weekly training runs on the Boston Marathon course including the Superhero 17 and the HOP21 training runs, access to professional athletic trainers, physical therapists, coaches and expert guest speakers – all part of the CharityTeams experience!
- Facebook group for runners-only engagement
- Access to alumni runner network
- Team events before the race
- Branded team swag for training and race day
- A positive life changing experience!
– Managed by CharityTeams.com
For more information on organizations we are supporting, please visit our Grantees page.